About This Case Study:
The Importance of Music in Early Years Education
Youth Music's podcast series highlights projects, news and topical issues around music for young people in the UK. In this edition, CEO Matt Griffiths speaks to early years practitioners David "Stickman" Higgins, Nicola Burke and Gail Macleod for a lively discussion about...
• The benefits of musical play for opening up creativity;
• Creating an open, trusted and inclusive environment;
• Engaging and empowering parents, carers and teachers to feel musically confident;
• The pros and cons of early years becoming part of the National Plan for Music Education;
• Improvisation and "Moonbeam" moments!
This provides examples of the impact and engagement through Early Years work in Leicester during the Tiny Sparks project, delivered by The Spark Arts for Children, which includes regional and national input on wider Early Years education, policy and strategy.
Listing Image Credit: Pamela Raith