Supporting School Improvement
By creating a collaborative approach to local learning and cultural education, the outcomes for school improvement and the aim of every child engaging and exploring their creative learning are great.
The City Classroom has a specific focus on Leicester(shire) and this targeted cultural learning is able to uncover opportunities for all children, often through cross curricular methods, supporting those facing challenging circumstances the most.
- Using art forms to learn all curriculum topics
- High quality cultural education
- Enhancing the offer through Arts Award
- Aligning learning with your School Improvement Plans and Artsmark
- Local learning
- Family learning
- Community engagement
To find out more about our Impact click here.
Benefits for schools:
- A co-ordinated cultural education strategy in Leicester(shire)
- Access to high quality arts provision including Arts Award centres and Support organisations
- Information, opportunities and advice about locally-based cultural education
- Developed community of practice around place based learning
- CPD, training and networking opportunities
- Support with Arts Award and Artsmark
Arts Award and Artsmark
The City Classroom and its members are proud advocates of both the Artsmark and Arts Award programmes. The City Classroom complements Artsmark by supporting schools to meet Artsmark criteria and develop their arts and cultural offer by providing opportunities to engage with artists/cultural providers/venues through our termly activities publication, special events and annual CPD programme. We deliver Arts Award Discover at our Summit and can provide advice and signposting in relation to both schemes. We can support schools at any stage in their journey to achieve Artsmark and provide a broader cultural offer in their school. We offer a genuine, long term partnership with schools, children and young people.
To find out more visit the Arts Award and Artsmark websites.
To train as an Arts Award adviser there is an annual regional training programme. Click here to find a course.