Here you will find a selection of creative activity, CPD training, symposiums, open meetings and opportunities for children and grown ups. These events are specifically delivered by The City Classroom for it's members, but are open to all.
Championing Learning Through Music
Leicester/shire Early Years Music Network Event
Championing Learning through Music
A series of 4 network events for all practitioners and musicians with an interest in music for Early Years children
Each event will provide you with a unique opportunity to focus on music in practice across a diverse range of settings. Delivered with practitioners and musicians whose practice has been inspired, challenged and extended by the dynamics of an early year's practitioner and musician working in partnership.
The 'Music Champions' will share the outcomes of their work co-delivering a programme of musical activity.
Join in the conversation and share your experiences in this area of music and early learning.
We hope you can join one or more of these network events.
Spaces are limited, to book your FREE place at each event please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about Music Champions and the Leicester/shire Early Years Music Network at thesparkarts.co.uk/musicchampions
St Winefride's Catholic Primary School & Leicester-shire Music Education Hub
Thursday 20 May 2.30pm-4.30pm (online)
Early Years Practitioner: Ann-Marie Donaldson
Musician: Laura Moore
DMU Local & The Spark Arts for Children
Wednesday 9 June 2.30pm- 4.30pm (online)
Early Years Practitioner: Joss McAuley
Musician: Inês Sampaio Figueiredo
Leicester City Libraries & The Spark Arts for Children
Monday 21 June 1.30pm-3.30pm
Pork Pie Library and Community Centre, Southfields Drive, Leicester LE2 6QS
Early Years Practitioner: Kelly Hearn
Musician: Dave "Stickman" Higgins
Leicester's Children, Young people and Families Centres & The Philharmonia Orchestra
Thursday 8 July 3pm-5pm
Highfields Children, Young People & Family Centre, 20 Barnard Close, Leicester LE2 0UZ
Practitioner: Emma Henson
Musician: Stuart Beard
Booking & Terms
To Book: Please contact the relevant organisation using the 'Contact Organiser' button on each activity page.
The City Classroom Event Booking Terms and Conditions:
- Bookings will be confirmed by email to the email address specified on the form.
- Bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis. In the event of booking requests surpassing the number of places available, a waiting list will be established.
- Following confirmation of booking, invoices will be issued by the host organisation and must be paid no later than 3 days prior to the event.
- TCC events will usually provide 2 free places to arts organisations and up to 6 free places for MATs.
- Once an invoice has been issued, bookings are non-refundable.
- Failure to pay will result in bookings being withdrawn and re-allocated using the waiting list.
- In the event of the event being cancelled by the event organiser, tickets will be refunded in full.