Here you will find a selection of creative activity, CPD training, symposiums, open meetings and opportunities for children and grown ups. These events are specifically delivered by The City Classroom for it's members, but are open to all.
Digital CPD - Wellbeing - August INSET days
Over the past few weeks and months, we have been looking at ways we can support you during this unprecedented time, and in particular thinking about the return to school in the Autumn Term. Following consultation with teachers, and with generous funding from Leicester University's Pathways programme, we are delighted to bring you to the following CPD sessions, part of The City Classroom's wider Recovery Programme. Click here for more information about the sessions.
Monday 24th August - PRIMARY FOCUS - 10.30am–12.00pm
This session will explore:
- How to recognise & reduce anxiety, and how to support resilience
- How to give children the competencies to meaningfully learn about, and from, their emotions
- The importance of relationships, and how to re-create a sense of belonging and safety in school
Monday 24th August - VULNERABLE/SEND FOCUS - 1.00pm-2.30pm
This session will explore:
- The added needs of more vulnerable children
- How to support children who may be unaware of their emotions and/or unable to clearly express them
- How to nurture a sense that school is a safe place to be
Tuesday 25th August - SECONDARY FOCUS - 10.30am-12.00pm
This session will share insights into:
- How Covid-19 is likely to have impacted adolescents at an already vulnerable time
- How to recognise the vulnerability that is so often hidden behind 'behaviour & attitudes'
- How to support both wellbeing and learning capacity by working with; not against; the inherent strengths of the 'adolescent brain'
There will be a limit to two teachers per school, per session, and we are looking to invite members of SLT and/or those members of staff with responsibility for whole-school well-being.
Booking & Terms
To Book: Please contact the relevant organisation using the 'Contact Organiser' button on each activity page.
The City Classroom Event Booking Terms and Conditions:
- Bookings will be confirmed by email to the email address specified on the form.
- Bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis. In the event of booking requests surpassing the number of places available, a waiting list will be established.
- Following confirmation of booking, invoices will be issued by the host organisation and must be paid no later than 3 days prior to the event.
- TCC events will usually provide 2 free places to arts organisations and up to 6 free places for MATs.
- Once an invoice has been issued, bookings are non-refundable.
- Failure to pay will result in bookings being withdrawn and re-allocated using the waiting list.
- In the event of the event being cancelled by the event organiser, tickets will be refunded in full.