Here you will find a selection of creative activity, CPD training, symposiums, open meetings and opportunities for children and grown ups. These events are specifically delivered by The City Classroom for it's members, but are open to all.
The City Classroom Symposium
The City Classroom is getting ready to begin a new chapter, with the University of Leicester to take over from The Spark Arts for Children as Lead Partner from the end of March 2023.
We're excited about how this transition could allow The City Classroom to grow and develop, and how the University's assets can strengthen our offer - pushing forward The City Classroom's vision that every child and young person will thrive through a rich and adventurous cultural education.
We view artists, schools and educators, and cultural organisations as stakeholders in The City Classroom, and so we would like to take this opportunity to consult you to help re-shape a programme which is responsive to the needs of our communities in Leicestershire.
This symposium will bring together schools, partners and wider stakeholders from across creative and cultural education to focus on two key areas - how can The City Classroom meet your current needs, and how can The City Classroom support your future needs?
Date: Tuesday 28 March
Time: 4pm - 5.30pm (Refreshments available from 15.30)
Location: Sir Bob Burgess Building, University of Leicester, Leicester LE2 7TF
Booking: Please follow this link to register your attendance
Parking: If you travelled to us by car you will be able to park in the Freemen's multi-storey car park which is next to where our symposium is being held, at 11 Putney Rd, Leicester LE2 7TF.
Booking & Terms
To Book: Please contact the relevant organisation using the 'Contact Organiser' button on each activity page.
The City Classroom Event Booking Terms and Conditions:
- Bookings will be confirmed by email to the email address specified on the form.
- Bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis. In the event of booking requests surpassing the number of places available, a waiting list will be established.
- Following confirmation of booking, invoices will be issued by the host organisation and must be paid no later than 3 days prior to the event.
- TCC events will usually provide 2 free places to arts organisations and up to 6 free places for MATs.
- Once an invoice has been issued, bookings are non-refundable.
- Failure to pay will result in bookings being withdrawn and re-allocated using the waiting list.
- In the event of the event being cancelled by the event organiser, tickets will be refunded in full.