Here you will find a selection of creative activity, CPD training, symposiums, open meetings and opportunities for children and grown ups. These events are specifically delivered by The City Classroom for it's members, but are open to all.
In Conversation, with Carol Leeming MBE FRSA
A peer learning opportunity for teachers, artists and institutions.
Join Carol Leeming MBE FRSA, a multi-award winning inter-disciplinary artist and educator, working in literature, performing arts and digital media, as she talks about the 'Black Curriculum Learning Resources' that she has curated for The City Classroom.
The resources provide a collection of both local and internationally renowned global majority artists, presenting pieces of visual art, music and literature with multiple learning themes and rich, authentic, stories for children aged 0-13yrs to be inspired by. The event will hear the reasons for Carol's choices and explore some of the thematic approaches to using the resources in schools.
The event will also include a panel discussion, and we welcome your voice in this space, as we start to consider what else our city and county needs to enable Black Arts to be welcomed and embedded into our curriculums and the everyday life of our children. How can we all work together to achieve this? What is already happening?
This event follows on from our recently commissioned 'The Black curriculum LeicesterShire - The first Steps' report and a successful 'Black Arts Curriculum' teacher CPD.
Booking & Terms
To Book: Please contact the relevant organisation using the 'Contact Organiser' button on each activity page.
The City Classroom Event Booking Terms and Conditions:
- Bookings will be confirmed by email to the email address specified on the form.
- Bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis. In the event of booking requests surpassing the number of places available, a waiting list will be established.
- Following confirmation of booking, invoices will be issued by the host organisation and must be paid no later than 3 days prior to the event.
- TCC events will usually provide 2 free places to arts organisations and up to 6 free places for MATs.
- Once an invoice has been issued, bookings are non-refundable.
- Failure to pay will result in bookings being withdrawn and re-allocated using the waiting list.
- In the event of the event being cancelled by the event organiser, tickets will be refunded in full.