Here you will find a selection of creative activity, CPD training, symposiums, open meetings and opportunities for children and grown ups. These events are specifically delivered by The City Classroom for it's members, but are open to all.
Design for Living - Children's Summit
A day of creative enquiry for children to use their imagination. Designing and making large scale inventions that solve real and relevant problems within our world.
The day will enable children to better understand how they can use design thinking processes in daily life by exploring how we live, is there a better way of living, how do we move and how could innovation shape communities. Children will work with artists, their teachers and other children to experiment, design and refine a collaborative structure.
The event, hosted by The Gallery at De Montfort University, will see 100, year 5, children come together, from 10 schools, for a day of creative local learning linked to the Design and Technology curriculum. Giving children real life experiences of taking risks, experimenting with different materials and tools, through practical and creative activity.
This event will be co-curated with Catherine Junior School and Little Hill Primary School, in partnership with The Gallery.
Booking & Terms
To Book: Please contact the relevant organisation using the 'Contact Organiser' button on each activity page.
The City Classroom Event Booking Terms and Conditions:
- Bookings will be confirmed by email to the email address specified on the form.
- Bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis. In the event of booking requests surpassing the number of places available, a waiting list will be established.
- Following confirmation of booking, invoices will be issued by the host organisation and must be paid no later than 3 days prior to the event.
- TCC events will usually provide 2 free places to arts organisations and up to 6 free places for MATs.
- Once an invoice has been issued, bookings are non-refundable.
- Failure to pay will result in bookings being withdrawn and re-allocated using the waiting list.
- In the event of the event being cancelled by the event organiser, tickets will be refunded in full.