Here you will find a selection of creative activity, CPD training, symposiums, open meetings and opportunities for children and grown ups. These events are specifically delivered by The City Classroom for it's members, but are open to all.
As National Poetry Day approaches we wanted to take the opportunity to to give teachers some inspiration and equip them with skills to make every school day a poetry day.
The CDP, best suited to primary teachers and TAs, will explore a range of activities and discussions focused on demystifying poetry and unlocking the joy of poetic writing for teachers and students alike. The session will be delivered by Owen Craven-Griffiths otherwise known as Berkavitch, who is one of the most respected voices in the UK spoken-word scene. Former UK Slam Poetry Champion, Internationally acclaimed Storyteller, accomplished Breakdancer, Digital Artist and Animator.
The workshop will be hosted at Attenborough Arts Centre where ideas and imagination can be stirred using their gallery exhibitions. There will also be a chance to meet the education team at the fully inclusive centre to find out more about how they can support your creativity in school.
This will be a practical session of professional development with tips, activities and resources to take back to the classroom.
Booking & Terms
To Book: Please contact the relevant organisation using the 'Contact Organiser' button on each activity page.
The City Classroom Event Booking Terms and Conditions:
- Bookings will be confirmed by email to the email address specified on the form.
- Bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis. In the event of booking requests surpassing the number of places available, a waiting list will be established.
- Following confirmation of booking, invoices will be issued by the host organisation and must be paid no later than 3 days prior to the event.
- TCC events will usually provide 2 free places to arts organisations and up to 6 free places for MATs.
- Once an invoice has been issued, bookings are non-refundable.
- Failure to pay will result in bookings being withdrawn and re-allocated using the waiting list.
- In the event of the event being cancelled by the event organiser, tickets will be refunded in full.